Advice for signing up for classes during my 4 semesters?

<p>I will also think about taking a lot of summer, unless I get into internships, etc.</p>

<p>Anyway, I plan on majoring in statistics or math (haven't decided, but I'm finishing the prereqs for everything apparently, and these are the majors that interest me).</p>

<p>However, I have always liked biology. I just never liked the idea of organic chemistry. I still want to take biology courses in the future. I have taken Bio 1b, and chem3a. </p>

<p>What do you recommend?</p>

<p>I want to take bio1a. Do I have to take bio1al with it as well? I can p/np since it is not a major requirement.</p>

<p>Finally, I want to add in some programming courses here and there to gain experience. Should I start from 61a? I have a lot of experience with HTML5, although I doubt that helps. I just like making websites, haha.</p>

<p>EDIT: I know this seems like a lot. but I tagged along to career fairs with my friends, and all they are looking for is EECS and CS, which makes me feel bad. lol.</p>

<p>EDIT 2: For title, meant remaining 4 semesters.
Thanks!</p>

<p>bumpp 10char</p>

<p>CS 61A, 61B, 61C is the usual set of introductory CS courses. Some additional courses like CS 170, 162 and EE 122 can help if you want to try for industry software jobs.</p>

<p>If you are concerned about job and career prospects, you may want to check the career survey: <a href="https://career.berkeley.edu/Major/Major.stm%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://career.berkeley.edu/Major/Major.stm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>But do you recommend I take it? I know a lot of HTML5. I'm still learning CSS3, which is design aspect. But yeah, I want to get into python and Java. Does it honestly matter where you take CS courses from? Like I know a good site that offers every type of CS course, and it is online and do at your own pace. I'm doing that for html5 right now, and it is pretty fun. </p>

<p>Also, what about the biology classes? Do I have to take 1a with 1al? (for bio)</p>

<p>So Chem 3A (organic chemistry) is a requirement for Bio 1A. Bio1A is a pretty intense class, it's not just an easy "Introduction to Biology!" type course. It's pretty hard to get around taking 1AL, you probably won't get into Bio 1A if you refuse to take 1AL and you'll be stuck if you do decide to major in or double major in something Biology related.</p>

<p>Have you taken Chem 1A / did you get a 5 on AP Chem? I directly took 3A and loved it. And I really liked Bio 1A too (hence I majored in MCB and am now applying to bio PhD programs lol)</p>

<p>yeah, i took chem1a and 3a. also bio1b.</p>

<p>so you do definitely have to take bio1al with bio1a? i know that bio is a lot of information, but what exactly makes bio1al so difficult? i don't quite understand. if you are good at memorizing, shouldn't it be easy? i like to say i am good in memorizing, lol.</p>

<p>every smart math guy i know takes a few CS classes. They they go off to wall st or SF and do some cool banking gig. 6 figs go do it.</p>