Afraid to live in Sin?

<p>On</a> the Larry King-Southwick Divorce and Marriage Addicts - TIME</p>

<p>Didn't want to hijack the marriage thread.</p>

<p>But really- I understand that the religious background or core values of some preclude their having sex outside of marriage or living with an unmarried partner.</p>

<p>But I don't see how that can be the case for Mr King, or others who cyclically marry.</p>

<p>That would be like arguing ( as some have- according to what I have read in * Savage Love* ;) ), that sex before marriage only excludes actual intercourse, not anything else.</p>

<p>I call bull pucky.</p>

<p>Even Dr Laura lived with her latest husband for years before they married.
We already * know* what a good role model * she * is.
:rolleyes:</p>

<p>At least Larry isn't having kids with each wife- and he is good for the catering industry :)</p>

<p>I don't think Larry King is afraid to live in sin--I think he lives in hope.</p>

<p>I think he lives in hope.</p>

<p>But in hope of what?
I hope that his partner is supernatural and the " perfect mate"?</p>

<p>"A second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience." - -- Samuel Johnson </p>

<p>Not sure what the third, fourth and fifth are..</p>

<p>Not sure what the third, fourth and fifth are.. </p>

<p>In Larry's case, it would also be the sixth, seventh & eighth.
Think he will try for nine?</p>

<p>( Oh I guess they filed for divorce in April- but have since put a hold on that)</p>

<p>With his money, maybe even #9 would think it's worth it. I imagine a pre-nup would still include what most of us would think of as a big chunk of change. Put up with LK or some other rich guy for a few months/years in exchange for, say, 100K? Sadly, lots of women would do it. </p>

<p>Hey, Larry King just announced he's ending his show--maybe LK has a new reality show in mind after divorce #8 is final. Larry King, the newly divorced searching for wife #9. Which of the eligible ladies wins the "prize?"</p>

<p>I can't imagine promising "till death do we part" that many times. :) I wouldn't want to live with someone before getting married. I would rather that both of us have their own place and visit as much as each wants.</p>

<p>The Wife of Bath would like to say a few words on Larry's behalf:</p>

<p>God bad us for to wexe and multiplye;
That gentil text kan I wel understonde.
Eek wel I woot, he seyde, myn housbonde
Sholde lete fader and mooder, and take me;
But of no nombre mencioun made he,
Of bigamye, or of octogamye;
Why sholde men speke of it vileynye?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I think he lives in hope.</p>

<p>But in hope of what?