Alcohol and Artistic License?

<p>So, here's the deal: I'm an eighteen year old freshman hoping to do some stand up comedy at an arts festival that will be held at my college soon. The issue arises from the fact that some of my planned material deals with underage/collegiate drinking; While I don't want to post my jokes in full, there's one in which I make mention of beer pong at a party and another in which I mention a shady character selling me scotch (another involves me drinking O'Doul's, but I don't see that being problematic).</p>

<p>I actually asked my RA about this and he said that, unless I'm physically caught with alcohol, there's no issue. Auditions aren't for another few days, so I'd like to think that the people running this festival would let me know if my material is problematic, but I'd still like to hear whether or not the CC community thinks I should change my material.</p>

<p>I think your school would have bigger fish to fry than some kid admitting he's consumed alcohol.</p>

<p>I might advise changing your material, not because you are risking getting trouble, but because joking about drinking isn't terribly fresh or original.</p>

<p>I've workshopped this material at various open mikes and it always does well. It's not like my entire set is a frat boyish celebration of alcohol, I just mention it at several points because, for better or worse, it does happen to be a large part of the collegiate culture. Thank you for your responses.</p>

<p>Lol, you're fine. It's a well-known fact that students drink. I see no problem with that at all.</p>

<p>also you could always claim it's just part of your performance and not real...</p>

<p>that being said it's not going to be an issue anyway</p>