Alumni "Non-Interview"

<p>What types of questions are asked during this "informal, non-interview"?
What should I bring with me? (copy of transcript, essays, etc - are these necessary?)
How much weight, if any, do these hold with the admissions committee?</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>I had my interview yesterday, it truly was an "informal, non-interview." Basically, my interviewer asked what kinds of activities I was involved in, what I was interested in, and what I wanted to know about Cornell. We spent most of the time just talking about Cornell, it wasn't a bunch of really personal questions or anything. You don't need to bring anything, unless your interviewer told you to. Its totally pressure free, I think it has little weight with the admissions officers, although i'm sure it won't hurt. As long as you seem confident and interested in Cornell, it should go great! Ask lots of questions. Good luck!</p>

<p>For those of you who have had your Cornell interview, how long did it take?
I know that for "real" interviews, the longer it is, the better, but since this is a "non-interview", would it be shorter?</p>

<p>I just had mine yesterday... It was 1 1/2 hours.. went from 3:30 to 5:00PM... it was soooo long and sorta hard to concentrate after a while... but it was that long b/c i had lots of questions and we found alot in common...</p>

<p>I was really happy with it.. very informal... no stress, trust me</p>

<p>mine was only 40 min....but I think that the lady was in a rush b/c it was election night and she wanted to vote before the polls closed.</p>