<p>Upcoming sophomore, class of 13!!! </p>
<p>I'm thinking about applying for Cornell's B.Arch ED... but long way to go 'til then! So here goes:</p>
<p>Gender/Ethnicity: Female Asian
School: Public non-competitive in Texas
Current G.P.A.: weighted- 4.5333 (13.6 on 12.0 scale) non-weighted- 4.0
Current Rank: 2 or 3/850</p>
<p>Planning on taking PSAT in the fall
Lots and LOTS of AP/Pre-Ap/Honors Classes</p>
<p>Art Related Stuff:
1. AP Studio Art: Drawing (I realize that the portfolio i'll submit to Cornell is uber important!!!)
2. The Modern Art Museum of Ft. Worth Teen Artist Program (selects 15 teens to work with professional artists for a semester)
3. Plan on volunteering at an art museum next summer (maybe?)
4. Plan on entering in TONS of art competitions this year
5. Won some awards, ribbons, etc. and had my work in museum exhibitions and cafes... pretty much too lazy to go into details right now :/
6. Plan on either joining or starting an art club at school</p>
1. Hopefully I can intern at a local architecture firm; hahah 'cept I doubt any of them care about high school kids... any advice?
2. Summer after my junior year I plan on taking a three-week introductory to architecture program at Cornell. 5k may be a bit out of reach though. And I'm hardly qualified for financial aid.
3. Taking PLTW Engineering program at my school</p>
1. JV1 Tennis (10th)
2. Leadership/Student Council (9th grade)
3. Other random clubs... probably get more involved this year. Kinda blew off EC's last year 'cause they're kinda lame at my school. Try to get leadership positions by junior year. My friend wants me to do UIL Math and Science; I mean I'm pretty good at those subjects but I don't want it to seem like I'm spreading myself too thin, you know?
4. Plan on volunteering at local soup kitchen-type of place and the public library. Are hospitals a good idea?</p>
<p>Hopefully I can get the SAT/ACT/SAT II/AP/PSAT scores to qualify. I know Cornell B.Arch is next to impossible to get into and it's pretty hard to chance me now but can you at least tell me if I'm on the right track? Any advice is welcome!!! Thanks</p>