American Airlines Pfishing Scam

<p>Just thought I'd pass it on, since I did get a pfishing email so far. Fortunately, I didn't click it but just wanted to share the info so folks don't get sucked in.</p>

<p>Here's what American Airlines says about it: American</a> Airlines Security Statement On AA.com</p>

<p>Here's snopes.com confirming it:
snopes.com:</a> American Airlines</p>

<p>Just don't want anyone to have unneeded grief.</p>

<p>I also got a paypal one this week . It was sent to my husband who doesnt have one.</p>

<p>I get several such emails a week from various fakers. Is it only me?</p>

<p>No, I get these all the time, too.</p>

<p>I got several "from Amazon" in the last week. Never seen anything from them before like that. Both in my home email and in my work email...</p>

<p>I get many pfishing attempts all the time but this is the first one I got purporting to be from an airlines and claiming to have my reservation & ticket info. Did check it out & it seems to be fairly recent RE American Airlines. Interesting that they used my business email & am wondering what they hacked to get that & how they chose a city that I traveled to fairly recently or perhaps it was random.</p>

<p>I definitely seen an uptick in pfishing emails. It's very aggravating. For some reason I've been getting multiple ones per day from Chase Online.</p>