Amount of Credits by Enrollment or Acceptence?

<p>Many schools require a certain number of credits to be eligible as a transfer student into their university, is this number based on when you enroll or upon acceptance. Example: as a 2nd semester student my grades will not be in until may, however many schools have a March 1st deadline and i do not have 20+ credits already in my first semester but will have 30 by the end of my 2nd semester, am i still considered a transfer? </p>

<p>Also, if I have enough credits to transfer into a school say they only require 15, do they still look at HS grades if i am currently in my 2nd semester?</p>

<p>Most schools say on their website that its the number you must complete by the end of spring semester. Some require you to have a certain number before you apply, so check at the schools you are considering.</p>

<p>It is usually by the time you matriculate, but check websites as there are exceptions as mikemac cited. Schools always require a final transcript and have the right to revoke your admission if you don't complete your coursework in a satisfactory manner.</p>

<p>As stated repeatedly on this forum, HS record (gpa and rigor of classes) and test scores are weighted heavily for soph transfers because you have only completed 1 sem of college.</p>