Ancient World History AP

Anyone know when the Ancient History exam is being offered? The site and hotline weren’t helpful.

AP exams are offered annually in May every year. As for AP World History: Ancient, it is not currently offered as an exam or a course. It is still in the development stages.
https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-world-history/course/confirming-interest-in-ap-ancient

Hopefully it’s offered before I leave HS. Will probably have to alter my program.

Hopefully I can do the Modern World History exam next spring and the Ancient History exam eventually. Hopefully it won’t adversely effect me.

You won’t be adversely affected by not taking a course that doesn’t exist. No one will have this course.

It will not impact applications; you cannot take a class/exam that does not exist
What may impact an application (and English grades) is misusing affect versus effect. "Affect " is the word you wanted.

Regardless, don’t plan on AP Ancient History being offered during your HS career

Based on no hard data, just hunches and reading between the lines, I wouldn’t expect an Ancient AP course any time soon.

@skieurope THANKS for pointing out my bad grammar (I mean that sincerely!). :smile: I worried material covered in AH would be covered on the Modern Exam.

Nope. The modern wh exam does not test ancient.

That’s good to know! I worried stuff I’d learn in AH would be necessary for MH.

That’s good to know! I worried stuff I’d learn in AH would be necessary for MH.