I believe I will be applying to Upenn early decision, and I really want to know if I have any chance of getting into this prestigious college, in addition, to the other colleges listed in the title!
My GPA is 4.7 weighted, and 3.8 unweighted. Although my GPA is very weak, my test scores are strong. My score for the ACT is a 36, SAT is 2230, and I have four SAT Subject tests with an 800–these are Math 2, Literature, US History, and World History. I have also taken seven AP’s so far with 4’s and 5’s on all of them. These include Calc BC, Environmental Science, Literature, US History, World History, Chinese, Macroeconomics, and US government.
I did get a C in math the last semester of my sophomore year, but I am in an accelerated math program at my school. Even though I got the C in pre-calculus as a sophomore, i explained to my teacher that I was going through some hard times, so he encouraged me to continue being in this program. In addition, I would like to say that I started off my freshman year with a 4.2 GPA, and my grades have only improved as I continued through high school.
In terms of extracurricular:
–nationally ranked varsity debater, have a leadership position in debate. (4 years)
–internationally ranked DECA member, which is a competitive business organization. I am also the Vice President of DECA (3 years)
–founder and president of MTAC at my school, which is a cancer awareness and fundraising club (3 years)
–founder and president of Feminism Club (2 years)
–president of French National Honors Society (3 years)
–vice president of Chinese club (2 years)
–president of Greek Club (2 years)
–member of National Honors Society, but I will be running for some kind of leadership position this year. (2 years)
–vice president of SafeRides, which is an organization that offers free driving for teenagers in our neighborhood to prevent drunk driving (2 years)
I have also won the NCTE writing competition, which is a prestigious national writing competition. I’m also in a program called Academy in our school, which is ranked as a level higher than AP. This four-year program includes three classes–history, english, and French–and they pick 30 out of 1000 students each year to participate. I’m also a volunteer at the animal shelter, the library, and at Chinese school where I teach Chinese. Lastly, I’m a National Merit Scholar.
What do you all think of my chances? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!