Any art dealers on CC who want to advise an aspiring young entrepreneur?

<p>I would like to start a fair trade business but I do not know which paths to follow. </p>

<p>I want to bring handcrafted arts ( jewelry, sculpture, maybe paintings too) from Latin America and Africa to sell to foreigners . I will take 30% of the revenue and give 70% back to the artists. My whole purpose is to help them make some cash without devaluating their work. How do I approach the artists and make them trust me? My original plan was to buy their products at a cheap price then sell it for my own interest. However, I am really tempted by the Fair trade idea. My long-term goal is to establish a partnership with other young entrepreneurs around the world who would like to cooperate and help me distribute what the artists create in a global market.</p>

<p>If I can, I will invest my 20% of my part to support a young artist whose parents can’t afford to send him to school.</p>

<p>What do you think of my idea? I’d like to have some rational and sincere/ constructive critics.</p>

<p>bump! never mind</p>

<p>26 views and 0 annswer? This site is verry useful</p>

<p>BUMP! AgAiN</p>

<p>This is the internship forum, and it’s a rather specialized question to ask. I would be very surprised if anyone here could answer that for you.</p>