Any parents on CC with a MHA?

<p>I will be applying to quite a few MHA (as well as Healthcare MBA) programs at the end of this year and just curious how classes were and where you went on to work with the degree. What is a day in the life of a Health Administrator like?</p>

<p>Don't have one, but was on the faculty of Tulane's MHA program for several years. What schools are you considering?</p>

<p>Hi, thanks for the reply. I will be applying to Texas State and Texas A&M-HSC for an MHA and Baylor, Texas Tech, UT-Dallas, and possibly TCU for a Healthcare MBA.
As you probably guessed, I live in Texas. </p>

<p>OOS considerations for MHA are University of Florida and University of North Florida. Florida is the only state we would consider moving to, but a lot of different things will have to fall in to place for me end up there. I am married with two young children (5 and 2), so uprooting will be difficult. </p>

<p>I am actually applying for the Navy's Health Services Collegiate Program (HSCP) and, if accepted, I will receive a monthly salary and full active duty benefits to get an MHA full time. It is a very competitive program though, and I would have to be accepted to it for us to truly consider moving to Florida due to work issues. I'll need to continue working while getting the MHA or MBA part-time if not accepted to the HSCP program. Easier to do that with my current employer in Texas than to quit and find a job in Florida, I suppose. </p>

<p>Sorry for the rambling.</p>

<p>"Uprooting will be difficult". If you take a Navy HSCP scholarship won't you owe a number of years of active duty service to the navy as payback? That service could be anywhere the navy needs you, couldn't it? Or am I mistaken about that?</p>

<p>Yes, three years. I meant uprooting will be difficult if I do not get the scholarship because I won't be paid to go to school, therefore I would have to quit my job, move out of state, and find work in an unfamiliar state/city. So the Florida schools are really only an option if I get the HSCP program.</p>