anyone applying ED1 to LSP?

<p>is anyone applying ED1 to LSP?</p>

<p>I don't think you can go directly into LSP. you have to apply to CAS and say you will also consider LSP.</p>

<p>No, you can. Starting this year you can apply directly to LSP.</p>

<p>I applied ED I for LSP!
1860 sat, 3.75 gpa weighted
Taking sats again on Saturday
Also being recruited for athletics.</p>

<p>@meghan1994: cool, good luck! if you mind me asking, what sport are you being recruited for? NYU is not known to be a ver athletic university.</p>

<p>I'm not directly applying but I noted that I'd be ok with getting accepted there on my app. also applied ED into CAS.</p>

<p>2070 SAT, 3.25 GPA UW, recruited for swimming. Coach told me best chance=LSP. Do you mind me asking why you are applying into LSP instead of another school direct?</p>

<p>It's my best chance of getting in... And it was between that and steinhardt. Also, with it being such a big school, I think I'll really like having the small classes</p>

<p>i applied to LSP because i'm not sure what to major in yet. i think LSP will give me a chance to decide what I want to major in before transferring to one of the other schools aft the end of the program(except stern).
also coming from a prep school, i think i'll like the small class settings better.</p>

<p>2000 SAT, 30 ACT, 3.5 GPA. Applied to LSP and hoping to transfer to Stern later. Wish me luck!</p>

<p>You can't go from LSP to Stern.</p>

<p>@dstilin12: you can apply to transfer to stern after your soph year, but it will not be guaranteed unlike for the other schools (considered you meet the requirements)</p>

<p>"Sophomores may continue as juniors in GLS or they may choose to transition to one of NYU’s liberal arts bachelor’s degree programs in the College of Arts and Science and the Gallatin School of Individualized Study, as well as selected majors in the Tisch School of the Arts and the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development."
- taken from NYU</a> > A & S > Frequently Asked Questions</p>

<p>@childish: What school are you considering transferring to if you end up going to NYU?</p>

<p>To transfer to Stern you would have to complete all the Stern prerequisites and apply as an internal transfer. Transferring from inside of NYU to Stern is very difficult. It's very unlikely that if you couldn't get into Stern as a freshmen that you will get in after finishing LSP. </p>

<p>Transferring from any non-NYU school into any NYU school is harder than getting in as a freshmen. It's even harder for NYU students to internally transfer. And as an LSP student, you would be directly competing with non-NYU students who wish to transfer into Stern. </p>

<p>If you're looking to go into business and willing to accept NYU CAS Econ as a "back-up" then this is an acceptable route to go. However, if you're planning on attending Stern, chances are you will not get in.</p>

<p>@NYU2013: I am aware that an internal transfer, particularly to Stern, is very difficult. It can be done though and in fact my guide when I visited in the spring had applied to transfer to Stern from CAS. Point is, yes it is difficult, but transferring is possible. You provide an interesting alternative though with CAS Econ, and I have already thought about pursuing a different degree at CAS or one of the other schools and trying to go to Stern for grad school.</p>

<p>@dstillin12: i'm considering either CAS or gallatin. maybe tisch, i'm not sure.. which is why i applied to LSP haha</p>

<p>for people who are applying to LSP, when you go on the application status check, does it say the program you are applying to is LSP or does it say Global Liberal Studies?</p>

<p>I applied for LSP in NYC, but somehow it says that the program I applied to is Global Liberal Studies</p>

<p>Yes it says Global Liberal Studies for me too. That is the same as LSP. I said that I would like to be considered for admission to the Abu Dhabi portal campus and that shows up separately on the application page. No need to worry, LSP and Global Liberal Studies are the same.</p>

<p>Global Liberal Studies =/= Liberal Studies Program.</p>

<p>They are vastly different. Call NYU and make sure that you are applying directly to LSP and NOT GLS.</p>