<p>Hello. My D was accepted for 5-year PA program at DeSales. I have filed a preliminary FAFSA and will amend when we file our taxes soon. Their FAO is preparing the first round of financial aid award letters now.</p>
<p>In the meantime, I notified the FAO that we just experienced a loss of income from a second job (jobs terminated) and would they account for this since the FAFSA reflects the income of last year’s two jobs rather than the one. The FAO person said they could not adjust it downwards since they don’t know if my husband will again find employment and resume the income we had last year. This doesn’t seem right. Anyone know if they should be adjusting their package with the info I’ve given them? I intend to furnish them the letter of termination and pursue the matter.</p>
<p>Also, does anyone have experience asking DeSales to reconsider a merit scholarship. Her stats are a hair away from the top level merit scholarships and we are thinking of making a case for reconsideration. Not sure if anyone else has been successful or not. She’s top 5% of class, over 3.9 GPA with dual-enrollment college courses (all A’s there), etc.</p>
<p>Thank you in advance!</p>
but Marywood gave her a lot more money.</p>