Anyone Heard of Southeastern University?

<p>What do you know about it? Is it a good school? How hard is it to get in? The website is not very helpful. Is it really conservative or a bit more liberal?</p>

<p>I got something in the mail...but I don't know much about it either</p>

<p>Hmmm...weird. I'm actually asking for a friend. She really wants to know more about it before she applies!</p>

<p>Southeastern is affiliated with the Assemblies of God.</p>

<p>I don't think SEU particularly selective, but for students who wish to go to a school with a Pentecostal world-view and who wish to wed before graduation, SEU may be an excellent choice.</p>

<p>My daughter has friends who are happy there. Lakeland (between Tampa and Orlando) isn't the worst place in the world to spend four years of your life. It appears the professorate at SEU is open and accessible to students.</p>

<p>But don't expect an intellectually rigorous program there or for the school to open many opportunities for admission to prestigious graduate or professional schools.</p>

<p>Actually, the school has a pretty rigorous program, small class sizes, smart professors, and they offer great scholarships. They have great internship opportunities, and with regards to getting into prestigious graduate/professional schools, that means nothing if your own academic performance isn't great. What matters is how well you do, not how prestigious your college is. Your college can only help you get a job. It won't do your job for you. Also, you can't be so selective if you don't have many applicants. And even with the few students/applicants they get, they're doing pretty well. They are ranked #47 in the Southern region of the US, and they show up as the 3rd college in that list from Florida. Yeah, it might not be nationally ranked, but it gives great students good money, and good work experience through internships. Yes, you won't like this college if you're not Christian, but don't think that just because it's religiously affiliated that the school's academics are in the toilet.
Southeastern</a> University | Best College | US News</p>