Anyone here from Ohio who took online classes?

<p>Hi, I just moved to Ohio from Florida. In my new school up here they don't offer any honors or AP courses (it's much smaller than my school in Florida). I was wondering, is there anyone here who took some free classes online, whether they be AP, honors or regular, and got credit for them? </p>

<p>Down in Florida they had FLVS, which was free to Florida students. I tried looking for a similar site for Ohio, but so far the sites I've found have either wanted to charge me money, or didn't offer students only one or two classes (they were full-time online schools).</p>

<p>First of all, as a resident of Ohio, I'm very sorry that you had to make that move.</p>

<p>Next, I don't believe we have anything comparable to FLVS. Your best option is post-secondary option, to take classes at local universities. However, I also went to a high school with no honors or AP classes, and I'm at an elite university now with no problems. It takes some adjusting, but don't feel like you're required to take extra classes.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks for the advice. </p>

<p>Although, I did lol @ your apology, why are you apologizing? The weather is certainly nicer up here than Florida, though I don't really like the religious, conservative, small town feel of where I live, and that it's pretty much all white people. lol. :P</p>

<p>I take it you haven't been here in the winter. You either live in the hillbilly southern half of the state, the extremely flat and windy northwestern part of the state, or the snow belt northeastern part of the state. There's no escape. I'm attempting to survive my summer vacation here until I can get back to Chicago for college in the fall.</p>

<p>Haha, nope, I haven't been here in the winter yet. Is it really that bad?</p>

<p>Yeah, I live in the hillbilly southern part. Not too far from Kentucky. lol</p>

<p>Good luck on surviving till school starts again. :) :P</p>

<p>I took a course through Northwestern at my school in Ohio. It was Gifted and Talented Learning Links, I believe, and the school paid for it.</p>

<p>Free</a> eSchool: Ohio Connections Academy
Ohio</a> Virtual Academy</p>

<p>They're full-time though.</p>

<p>Yea, I don't think there are free AP classes here, but PSEO is very nice.</p>