Anyone here just winging it?

<p>I didn't really study for my Math 2 or Chemistry tests.</p>

<p>I know i'll do well on math because it's math.</p>

<p>I just took the AP Chem exam and so I didn't review much for the subject test.</p>

<p>Do you guys think i'm screwed?</p>

<p>Yeah, you're screwed if you don't at least take some practice tests for Math 2.</p>

<p>AP students usually find the SAT 2s a breeze</p>

<p>lol im winging it for french, lol hopefully it'll go well, i'm not the best french student lol.
haha im def studying for math tho, im actually so stupid in that class xD</p>

<p>you'll probably do great (720+) by just "winging it," however, I think that for an 800, you do need to prepare</p>

<p>Yeah if you took AP Chem the test should be a breeze. Not too sure about Math 2 since that will probably need some refreshing in your mind.</p>

<p>Alright cool, thanks for the insight guys.</p>

<p>I'm not particularly familiar with the concept of "winging it", but if it's as the other posts say, then you're pretty screwed. I took about 4 practice Math II tests and 6 practice Chem tests to get a general idea of the tests' difficulty, how to pace myself, etc. In the end, I got 800s on both, but my national percentile was relatively low (93% for chem and 89% for math II). It's probably a good idea to at least take a few practice tests and go over the terminology and concepts a few days before the test.</p>

<p>I'm totally winging US History, but I did take the APUSH test and feel I aced it so I'm not too worried.</p>

<p>Haha, winging Math II, Chem, and USH tomorrow.</p>

<p>Sigh...don't get too confident...until test day.</p>

<p>Winging Chemistry, Semi-winging it for Math II, and going in totally and completely unprepared for Literature (I aced my D/E College English course and the final yesterday, So I think I'm good.)</p>

<p>
[quote]
Haha, winging Math II, Chem, and USH tomorrow.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Is there an alternate testing date or something? I've seen a couple posts saying that they're testing tomorrow (June 4), but I (and many of my friends) are signed up to test on Saturday (6/5).</p>

<p>Maybe they're in another time zone?</p>

<p>Winging Bio and USH. I have finals this week, so I haven't had any time to study at all. Hopefully, I'll score well on both. I feel like my AP background in both subjects has prepared me well</p>

<p>winging all 3 of my subject tests (math, chem, world history), and I feel really unprepared. already signed up for october, and I'm going to do November and December as well so hopefully between the 12 tests I take Ill get a good score eventually.</p>

<p>I've heard that Math2 and Chemistry are particularly easy. I'm taking the same ones, and while I'm not winging it to be safe, many people have and have gotten 800s.</p>

<p>
[Quote]
hopefully between the 12 tests I take Ill get a good score eventually.

[/Quote]
</p>

<p>Why in Jesus' name would you do that? You get absolutely no benefit from taking more than 4 tests, even less benefit than taking tons of AP's. There's absolutely no point. Just get 800s on two or three and don't waste your time and money like that.</p>

<p>more people should "wing" it. it will boost up my score.</p>

<p>^^I doubt she's really taking 12; it must've been a typo. To take 12, one would have to take subject tests in all of the core subjects (with Biology E and M and Math 1 and 2, which most people only take one of each of, if at all) and three additional foreign languages (which is highly unlikely, even for a total overachiever).</p>

<p>I'm taking U.S. History and Literature. For Literature I'm just going to go in and hope for the best, and for U.S. History I'm taking the practice tests on SparkNotes (which are nowhere near as good as questions from the official study guide if I make the trip to a local bookstore, but free and scored automatically online) and going over old class notes.</p>

<p>I think subject tests are, in a way, harder than AP Exams due to the fact that they're more specific/fact-based and curved more harshly. Someone who scored a 5 on AP could get as low as 700 or something. There's less "AP-style thinking", and if you're good at that thinking, you're going to have lost an advantage you normally would've had over other subject-test takers.</p>