School Type: One of the top public high schools in the area, but a public high school nonetheless.
Intended major: I'm unbelievably undecided, but have interest in Journalism, Theater, Environmental Studies or Science, and Film.</p>
GPA: 3.73 UW, 3.86 W (Grades are on an upward slope this year and taking APs, so GPA should go up.)
Class rank: Unfortunately, I don't have an exact class rank but I'm in the top 20% of my class.</p>
SAT: I had a miserable time taking my SAT, hated the test, and my score reflects it. I will not be reporting my SAT scores.
ACT: Highest composite is 30. Superscored, my stats are as follows: English - 36, Math - 27, Reading - 33, Math - 27, and Writing - 9.</p>
- U.S. History - 4
- Psychology - 3 (I was incredibly sick during the actual test and had a mediocre teacher for this course)
- English Literature and Composition - Will be taking this year, but teacher says he expects a 5 from me. </p>
- 4 year Academic Letter Winner
- 3 year Theater Letter Winner
- Induction into International Thespian Society
- National Merit Commendation</p>
- 4 year band member where I'm a first chair tuba player. Co-founder and leader of Band Council. Our band placed 4th in state last year. 4 year Tuba Christmas participant.
- Heavily involved in our school's drama department. Been on tech for two different shows, including heading up the pit orchestra, and have been cast in five different shows and a one act. One play and an a capella rock opera (two of the shows) were original works/world premieres and I am listed as an original cast member. Director for Advanced Acting class my Junior year and will be directing another one act in spring. Inducted to our school's thespian society and inducted to International Thespian Society.
- 3 year member of Students for Environmental Action (SEA), my school's environmental club. No official title of leadership position, but definitely a leader of the group. We tend to our school's organic garden, lead bottle/can collection movement at our school and have bottle clean-ups to recycle everything, and organize all school grounds clean-ups.
- 2 years of high school soccer (played since kindergarten)
- 1 year of high school lacrosse (played since 7th grade)
- 1 year of high school swimming (summer swim team member as well)</p>
- Worked as an unpaid intern every summer since I was thirteen at an arts camp downtown. Very near and dear to my heart, as I went to the camp as a child.
- 4 year school registration volunteer
- Meals-on-Wheels deliver during the holiday season
- Regular blood donor (Thank you Red Cross for the suggestion)</p>
- Sporadic work at a family friend's clothing boutique. Worked as a personal assistant to a Project Runway winning designer (Seth Aaron Henderson) at the boutique.
- Occasional catering for aunt and family friend's parties
- Regular house and pet sitter</p>
- Pre-calculus teacher: Slightly unsure about how this letter will go, but the teacher loved me, so hopefully it'll be good.
- Chemistry/Advanced Chemistry teacher: My absolute favorite teacher, head of Students for Environmental Action, adores me. Should be a very good letter.
- AP English teacher: Published writer, Yale alumni, and overall very intelligent man. Likes me, although I've only known him for a semester. Should be very well-written.
- Acting/Directing teacher: Very close to this teacher, father-like figure and also would consider a friend, have worked closely with in the classroom and on extracurricular projects. Knows me very well and should have good things to say.
- Counselor: We've had our difficulties, but she's a good writer and would never let personal issues get in the way of writing me an excellent letter.
- Letter from the director of the summer camp I work at/choreographer from one of the musicals I've been in. She's known me since I was six, knows my character very well, adores me, and is a Reed alumni.
- Letter from the director/writer of two plays (both world premieres were his) and the a capella rock opera I was in. Also taught two playwriting courses I took. Very close friend, a man I hold in highest esteem, someone who knows me well, and very influential in the Portland theater world.</p>
<p>Thanks so much for taking the time to look over this!</p>