AP Euro Exam

<p>The textbook my class uses is too wordy, repetitive, and confusing! I haven't learned much in this class so far.</p>

<p>Is it possible to get a 5 on the AP euro exam if I just read REA's Crash Course, Princeton Review, and Modern European History book instead of my textbook? Are there any other books you highly recommend?</p>

<p>Anyone? 10char</p>

<p>Just out of curiosity...are you using Kagan as your text? Kagan is horrible.</p>

<p>I used PR and got a 1 on the exam...but I didn't make it all the way through.</p>

<p>It is definitely possible even if you only read one of them, depending on how carefully you read and how much you remembered come exam day.</p>

<p>I'd recommend Modern European History, though PR is a decent alternative.</p>

<p>@jdroidxw, I studied hard for the AP Euro exam and got a 5, and two things really stuck out at me.</p>

<p>1) Know your timeline (HYW to 2000) like the back of your hand. Don't worry about dates or minor events - just get down the big stuff and when it is relative to other big stuff.</p>

<p>2) Know how to write a solid DBQ (7-8 range). It will do absolute wonders for your score.</p>

<p>If you can do both of those things, I can personally guarantee that you will score well. Perhaps not a 5, but almost certainly a 4 or better. And yes, this is completely possible with a review book. I just used the Princeton Review and a couple of online flashcards - I read maybe 1/4 of the relevant text throughout the year.</p>