AP Spanish

<p>Does anyone know how to study for this exam?</p>

<p>Its hard to develop listening, speaking, and reading skills quickly and I don't know how to approach the exam.</p>

<p>The only thing you can do is practice...get a review book or two..it's going to be difficult if you cannot do any of those things.</p>

<p>i watched spanish tv, listened to spanish radio, and read CNN En Espanol (but those losers at CNN took it offline like a month before the exam).</p>

<p>You can't really study, well, you can't study a lot.. I would tell you to buy the Barron's AP prep book, but in all honesty, I haven't bought it myself; I have looked through it & use it for its listening exercises. It is really helpful in getting a person "comfortable" with taking the test.</p>

<p>The only part you can REALLY study for is the part with the verbs. Other than that, try luck..</p>

<p>A book that seems to be helping me A LOT is "AP Spanish: Preparing For the Language Examination" (<a href="http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=kr41GFCB2n&isbn=080131531X&itm=4)%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=kr41GFCB2n&isbn=080131531X&itm=4)&lt;/a>.
If you get someone you know who is also taking AP Spanish to do the activities in this book with you, you'll have no problem with the exam. Also buy some Spanish newspapers (El Diario, Hoy etc), and read it for understanding. Try to find the main idea of the articles, figure out what the "tone" the writer uses, etc. As long as you do/have done all of this, and are familiar with your vocabulary, you will have NO problem getting a five. Good luck! :)</p>

<p>try having a conversation with someone in Spanish. or writting</p>

<p>ok, im a native spanish speaker.. born in south america and lived there for 5 years.. i speak spanish at home with my mom.. i currently am taking spanish 3 honors (long story, switched from ap french earlier this yr) but i will be taking the AP exam and i want to know, how can i be sure, or what can i do to find out if i am prepared to score a 5 on the exam? s the curve generous?</p>

<p>thanks every1!</p>

<p>don't take it if you're a native speaker...it's that simple</p>

<p>AP Spanish: Preparing For the Language Examination was pubished in 1989, i'm sure ALOT has changed since then. Could you recommend any more recent publications?</p>

<p>" AP Spanish: Preparing For the Language Examination was pubished in 1989, i'm sure ALOT has changed since then. Could you recommend any more recent publications?"</p>

<p>A lot HAS changed, you're right; I only use that book for the verb exercises and essay prompts. I would recommend reading short stories (in Spanish, duh, lol) by authors like Isabelle Allende, Pablo Neruda, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, etc. If you haven't done so already, read stories from "Abriendo Puertas: Antologia de Literatura en Espanol". Watch Spanish news, and read Spanish articles or magazines. Barron's AP Spanish guide (like I mentioned) is good. I've read a lot of short stories in Spanish, read a book in Spanish, read prose in Spanish, and occasionally watch Spanish news and hold conversations in the language. Since in my class we are only allowed to answer the teacher in Spanish and interact with each other in Spanish, the language has become much easier to understand.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>My class read "La Ciudad de Las Bestias" by Isabelle Allende this year... well, we read most of it, but my teacher moved on to other things before we finished. I was amazed because at the beginning of the book, I had to look up every other word, but now I know a lot more words and can read it faster. Not to mention that a number of the words that I don't know I can figure out from context. Hopefully this will help me in three weeks.</p>

<p>As for a review, I'm planning on buying the Princeton Review book, simply because I have used them for just about every other AP exam I have taken and they have always helped. I'm hoping that it will have strategies for writing a good essay (using as many tenses as you can, relating the question to your own life, etc.). I'm probably already in trouble with the speaking because our class rarely speaks, just uses that "AP Spanish: Preparing For the Language Examination" book. I guess we'll see soon now, won't we?</p>

<p>Yeah, listen to some tapes (especially the ones that come along with questions). The first that comes to mind is "el Concierto Siniestro." It is used in many AP Spanish classes.</p>

<p>Surprisingly, I think that Barrons offers one of the best reviews for the AP Spanish Language test since it's the only book I've seen that has listening and speaking exercises. If you can't get Barrons or want a supplemental review to that book, I'd go with Princeton Review. I'd review the book(s), in addition to reviewing whatever grammar and vocabulary you've learned thus far and practicing your Spanish as much as humanly possible.</p>

<p>What is the difference between Princeton Review and Barrons for AP Spanish...is one significanlty better than the other?</p>

<p>......also what is a good way to practice verbs?</p>

<p>REA has a good prep book for the AP lang. It comes with CDs for the listening...</p>

<p>Barron's is a <em>lot</em> better for Spa Lang than Princeton Review (I have both)...best part--gives you tons of practice questions</p>