Application - describe an experience?

<p>On the app where it asks to describe an experience you have in finding a solution to a problem, would it be beneficial for me to write about an experience I had when I was in fifth grade? Or should I think of something more recent?</p>

<p>I chose the fifth grade experience because it was my earliest experience that I cam remember that also shows how I became interested in the field that I'm interested in (mechanical engineering) </p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC</p>

<p>Can* autocorrect attacks again</p>

<p>I think that if it was really formative for you and important to your life then it's fine.</p>

<p>I'm having a hard time finding a meaningful event. I mean there's not much I would think I could write about.</p>

<p>^^^Ignore what the question says. "A meaningful experience"-phooey. </p>

<p>What it's REALLY asking is "What is something about you that makes you unique from all other candidates? What have you experienced that not many other people have? What about YOUR mindset resulting from one of YOUR experiences will make YOU a unique candidate for UF?" Get that through your head, and you're good as gold.</p>

<p>Sooooo.... my experience that I wrote about was explaining how when I was in 5th grade I made a mechanism to retrieve items lost in the rain drain on the playground. Does that sound unique?</p>

<p>That's perfect dawg. Just relate it back to UF. Say you did all that, then say "My experience in 5th grade allowed me to realize my passion for inventing new devices to aid in the progression of society. I will continue this creativity throughout my 4 years in college and onward in life."</p>

<p>Not exactly like that, but relate it to inventing new things and creativity, and how you can add to the unique minds at UF because of your experience.</p>

<p>Awesome, that helps a lot. Thank you!</p>