Application Question

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>Just had a question about the UC app, specifically the self reported academic record section. </p>

<p>I live in NJ, so I'm not too familiar with the UC 'Approved' Honors Courses. I have taken a significant amount of courses that are designated as 'Honors' in my school, but am I allowed to mark these with the 'HL' designation? Or should I keep them as NH because my school isn't in California..?</p>

<p>Also, I was wondering if I was supposed to put PE, Drivers Ed, Health, etc in my record? If so, what category of classes should I put it under?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

<p>Out of state students do not receive any GPA extra points for honors classes, because the UC system has no way to evaluate the rigor of the course. Even in-state honors courses can only be counted if they are certified to the UC. However, all out of state students are handled the same way so this does not disadvantage you in any way.</p>

<p>You do not select HL unless you are attending a California high school and the course is certified on as UC Honors. For in-state applications, usually the courses appear on lists and already are marked as UC Honors (or not), but the real determination is the listing with the doorways system. </p>

<p>PE, Drivers Ed and other courses that are not in the categories a thru g do not get entered nor do they count in your UC GPA. If you have some special reason to list them - demonstrating some special passion or coursework outside high school like a series of programming courses - there is a separate place to write those in, but not in the list of classes taken (and not to be part of your gpa).</p>