Applying to CC as an international

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>I want to apply to a NYC community college and I've been 3 years out of college in my home country (Canada). I took about 2 years of college but did poorly during that time because of personal problems that I have since fixed. I really want to start anew with a clean slate and apply as a freshman, but the CC I am looking at requires that if you've been to a post secondary institution since high school that you apply as an international transfer. </p>

<p>If I apply as an international transfer: am I allowed to pick and choose which credits to transfer over and which to leave behind? </p>

<p>Somehow I doubt this would be possible, so would this mean I could apply as a freshman and hope they won't dig too deep into my academic history?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>you want an academic renewal :)</p>

<p>"if you received a 'D' or an 'F' in a class that you took 2 or more years ago, you can apply for academic renewal to, in a sense, erase the grade from your record... meaning that it'll still show up on your transcript, but won't be factored into your GPA by most public schools. privates, however, like USC, don't acknowledge academic renewal."</p>