Arab-American girl from Dearborn, MI admitted to Harvard

<p>No. 1 in her class, she has wanted to go the Harvard since the 5th grade</p>

<p>The</a> Arab American News - Fordson student accepted to Harvard, plans on giving back to community in the future</p>

<p>"Fordson High School senior Mariam Jalloul was recently accepted to Harvard, one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Jalloul, who’s Lebanese and has lived in Dearborn her whole life, is expected to begin classes at the Ivy League school Fall 2012.</p>

<p>In the process of writing an essay for her application, Jalloul discussed Dearborn’s Arab community. “I just love Fordson and my Dearborn community. Even when I graduate from Harvard, I’m definitely going to give back to this community. It’s what raised me, and it’s my home,” Jalloul said...."</p>

<p>Quite interesting that you posted this here lol.</p>

<p>I figure most people wouldn't care. Personally, as a Muslim (non-Arab), I find it interesting! </p>

<p>Thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>Nice. One of my favorite campus visit memories is watching a table of four freshman women in Annenberg laughing and cutting up together over lunch. On was white, one was black, one was Asian, one appeared to be Arab and was wearing a headscarf. They were clearly close friends and obviously having a great time together.</p>

<p>

Did you mean "catching up" gadad? ;)</p>

<p>"Cutting up" means "joking around." I thought it was a Britishism, but UrbanDictionary, that ever-authoritative website, is telling me it's from "east Pittsburgh." I'm assuming it's slang from a variety of places, then.</p>

<p>thats funny. I have a very dear friend who is from the south and she uses "cutting up" often when describing someone joking around. Its very common in the south</p>