Are books from the 1970s valuable?

<p>Like textbooks, etc. My mom is trying to throw them out...</p>

<p>I have law books from the 1970's that aren't valuable.</p>

<p>I also have grammar books (like Dick and Jane) from the 1940's... and it's not valuable.</p>

<p>So I'd bet not... but if you hold onto them long enough... then maybe.</p>

<p>Depends on what they're about.</p>

<p>^
Some are on marketing, others are just common books.</p>

<p>I even found a Bible from 1981. I just can't throw these out, because they can't be replaced.</p>

<p>The 1670s? Yes.
The 1970s? No.</p>

<p>Well you run the risk of the information being outdated if they're textbooks, but generations from now they'll be revered as artifacts, heh.
As for the Bible...it's the same text, it's whatever.</p>

<p>I need some psychological help. </p>

<p>My mom threw like 20 of them out and I only have 7 old books to keep for myself. </p>

<p>If they're older than me, then why shouldn't they automatically valuable? How is it possible that an item can still be in such good condition when it's 13 years older than me? It's like it's lived my whole life...</p>

<p>Can't get over this.</p>

<p>I have a first edition book of Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises, I think it's the only valuable book I've got...</p>

<p>I think books from 1970s are too recent to be valuable. 1870s' books maybe so.</p>

<p>^
But how are the 1970s recent? It's lived my entire life... It was even before Ronald Regan...</p>

<p>^ I see.Maybe you could try to sell out those books, see how much you could get. :D :D :D</p>

<p>^
They're worth 70 cents.</p>

<p>Maybe I'm just weird. It just seems like they're a connection to the past.</p>

<p>My dad gave me an arabic book that was published in the 60s..from Egypt..back when it was called the "United Arab Republic". It looks old too.</p>

<p>I doubt it's valuable.</p>

<p>^
It's not. But isn't there just some feeling, that it was from when your dad was young? That it's from when Martin Luther King and John F. Kennedy were active?</p>

<p>I just don't know. I'm awed that the books feel the same as modern books. Even the language is similar.</p>

<p>How rare the book is has much to do with the value. Age doesn't make it worth more.
Old bibles have no demand and are not worth much, even if very old and hand written, because it isn't an unusual book. I would guess the demand to a collector for a text book (unless very unusual) would be scrap paper. </p>

<p>And what it is worth is only what someone is willing to pay for it.</p>