Are my SAT scores too low for these schools or is my mom overreacting?

<p>CR: 590
M: 720
W: 670</p>

<p>Schools I'm looking at: Boston College, Boston University, Carnegie Mellon (Tepper), George Washington University, Lehigh, UMD College Park, University of Michigan, NYU (Stern), Villanova</p>

<p>I'm interested in doing finance, so I will be applying to the business schools.</p>

<p>You should google the common data set for each of those schools and see how your scores compare to the current incoming freshman class. I would say in the case of some of those schools your mother is correct, your scores might be a little low, but if you are only a junior, you have plenty of time to retake.</p>

<p>Eta: But of course you are not only your SAT scores, I’m sure you have a lot to offer any school!</p>

<p>Honestly you should take them again if you could pull that high a math score Im sure you could raise the reading a bit…Look at some of the accepted students stats on the threads of Lehigh and BC and BU…</p>

<p>Math and writing are fine; CR is a bit worrisome though, try to pull that up to 650 if you can.</p>

<p>Your mom is right. You need to get your CR score up to above the 50% mark for those schools to have a good shot at getting in. The most recent copy of Fiske can give you a SAT range (the middle 50%, so 25% to 75%). Try to get all of your individual scores above the halfway point of those ranges.</p>