Are there Online AP Classes?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows what online resources there are for AP classes that offer live instruction. I know about The Potter’s School as well as PA Homeschoolers but I wanted to see if there were others out there. I’d like to check out all the different options before deciding which one to choose. We are not looking for a comprehensive school. Just a place where you can take one or two AP classes.

Thank you so much for your help!

VHS Learning (Virtual HIgh School) VHS Learning | VHS Learning

1 Like

Are you in PA? I am in NC and NC Homeschoolers can access the state’s NC Virtual Public School for online classes. Looks like they may allow out of state students too. https://ncvps.org/home-private-schools/ Or maybe PA has a similar program?

1 Like

Thank you! I looked at the website and it doesn’t appear that they have live instruction. I could be wrong. But we are looking for AP classes that meet at least twice a week online for live instruction. Thank you for responding though. I really appreciate it. =)

Some of the NCVPS classes do have live instruction, but I’m not sure about AP English specifically.

1 Like

Thank you!! =)

One of my kids had a friend who took a foreign language class and that for sure had live instruction. It might vary by the class.

That’s good to know. =)

1 Like

Blue Tent is another option.

1 Like

K12 has AP courses that are designated as “teacher-led” which have a synchronous component. I don’t know much beyond that and don’t have experience with this program.

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply. I finally was able to check out Blue Tent and it looks interesting. Has any of your children taken classes there? Do you/they like the classes?

Mine have not taken any classes there, but I heard good things about it on The Well-Trained Mind forum.

1 Like