Armed militia, Bundy brothers take over federal Wildlife Refuge building in Oregon

I’d think cheesy disco like the Beegees or Vanilla Ice’s rap would be far more effective…

That and restricting food supplies so they’re eating less filling/enjoyable snacks such as raw broccoli, carrot sticks, salads, and the like. Wonder how long they’d last without the cheetos, twinkies, 20 oz steaks, hamburger, etc,

Hey, some of us LIKE the Bee Gees.

I liked Romani’s post but why are these guys allowed to get mail? I just don’t get it. I doubt they filled out forwarding papers.

Perhaps the strategy is not to engage with them or anything that gives them the opportunity to claim they are being mistreated and might garner even a whiff of support. This doen’t mean they should be treated like guests, but hopefully trhey’ll get bored with the lack of attention and go away. The more people yawn at them ane eye roll, the less support they get for their “cause”.

I think you are right @jym626 but frankly, I am losing patience and getting more and more pissed as I hear about them rifling through files, taking down fences, and intimidating the locals. It is outrageous. I do want them to give up without a confrontation. And then promptly be arrested.

Love it romani. But getting and sending mail…the irony of using a government service to do so is not lost on me. Why don’t the feds at least make them pay for UPS or Fedex?

Maybe a group of BeeGees/SNF fans can get together to rent out a chopper/aircraft with loudspeakers blasting out greatest hits like "Stayin’ Alive and see how the militia folks there react. Maybe we can get John Travolta to join in the effort. :slight_smile:

The Bundy rabble claimed they had the bordering rancher’s “permission” (in scare quotes because private citizens can’t give permission to vandalize public property) to steal government equipment and destroy a portion of the fence separating the wildlife refuge from the rancher’s grazing land. The rancher denies this, and says he is “very upset” about the vandalism and his ranch hands have already mended the fence.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tim-puckett-bundy-militia-oregon

The bird nerds strike back. It’s a first step anyway. There are three good videos to watch with this article, and the one at the bottom with Barret Kaiser is the scariest. He tries to promote an alternate (sane) view during one of the Bundy’s daily press conferences. Someone argues with him. Why is anyone going to these daily press conferences? I bet the “protest” would dry up pretty quickly if no one was fueling their fire by watching.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/wildlife_enthusiasts_plan_prot.html#incart_maj-story-1

I heard they are getting fed up with all the glitter, sex toys perfumes, and the 55 gallon drum of “Passion” lubricant people have been sending them. :slight_smile:

Send Sean Penn into cover them, that should make things better. Or maybe Dennis Rodman.

Thanks @greenwitch. I found that article very touching.

I was just thinking, how cool it would be if a huge group of birders went right in and sat there staring at them with their binoculars :slight_smile:

I have a better idea, unleash a flock of lovebirds there, guarantee the Bundy morons will be running out of there fast, lovebirds are 2 ounces of sheer terror lol

We have a lot of highly “productive” birds that live in the trees right above my driveway where I park my car. It would be great if I could relocate those birds to relieve themselves on the militia as they parade around the compound. It would kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Well, the first person has been arrested. Two people took vehicles from the nature preserve and drove them to the local grocery store. One was arrested for driving a stolen vehicle! I would think it was funny except that they had put new signage on the vehicles that says, “Harney County resource center”, their NEW NAME for the place they are occupying! It makes me burn… And why didn’t they get the second guy? He had already gone into the grocery story. So? Go get him, I say.

This is something, but it is so little. These people are clearly emboldened by the lack of law enforcement activity.

The arrested man was charged once before with illegal camping on federal land. He really had staked out a spot for himself explosives and weapons! I would have let him rot in prison, he’s too dangerous.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/protester_arrested_in_burns_dr.html#incart_maj-story-1

Did they at least get both trucks back?

Yes.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that this **** is still going on. Enough already.

Real question: have we gotten an explanation about why this is being allowed to go on?

And Madame LaFarge knits.
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/occupiers_want_us_to_surrender.html#incart_maj-story-1

It’s ironic that this is the Centennial of the National Park Service. One of the best things we ever did.