Armed militia, Bundy brothers take over federal Wildlife Refuge building in Oregon

[quote]
If this were something like native americans, or if this had been anyone but hard right militia types, I suspect you would have seen them called terrorists and wanted them ‘wiped out’ and the like…these clowns are exactly that, terrorists, and should be treated as such. The funny part is apparently the locals are not happy with these bozos (they are not local), and even the two ranchers who went to jail for arson don’t support them. [\quote]

Actually the local Paiute Nation chairman is refusing to even meet with these nuts. But when they demand that the federal gub’ment give the land back to the " original owners " her government should be right there to receive it!

the authorities should not be letting anyone come and go… when they leave, they get arrested. No one in, due to active crime scene.

Pipe in Justin Bieber and rap music. That ought to flush them out.

In fact the local Paiute Nation whose land adjoins the refuge and claims historical ownership, is pretty pissed off but being very careful what they say. These bozos insist that our land be “returned to its original owners”. I’m on board with that if it’s the real original owners, not those Cowboys on our public land.,

This is a big reserve, almost 200,000 acres. The area where the federal buildings are is rather narrow access, with lakes bordering the entrance. I don’t know where they are taking down the fences, but it’s probably in the lower part of the reserve where the feds aren’t lined up on the road. Don’t even know if it is possible to access those areas without going onto the reserve through the main gates. There are 40 miles of driveable roads inside the reserve, but again don’t know if those can be accessed any way but through the gates.

I have to say I’ve been loving the jokes about other invasions where the invaders brought their own snacks, both real and fictional. ‘D-day? Brought their own snacks.’ ‘Traveled to outer space? Brought their own snacks.’

Traveled to Mordor, brought their own snacks. Went where no one has gone before, brought their own snacks.

The elven bread must have run out …

These guys just aren’t used up going it alone on these stand-offs. Usually they have the wives and kids to both serve as a human shield and prepare snacks. When you are a grown man out playing patriot and your momma had to get on social media to request vanilla creamer (VANILLA BLEEPING CREAMER!!!) you should just tear up your Marlboro Man card on the spot.

I am going to be really ticked off if these guys are allowed to just take over the park. However, at this point it won’t shock me.

While I don’t want to support another Waco or Ruby Ridge either, this guy getting away with the alleged assault of a state trooper just seems wrong to me:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/armed-standoff-john-joe-gray_5693f1fde4b0c8beacf7d631

adding: I’ve been trying to understand the Bundys. Just in case anyone else is interested:
http://www.psmag.com/politics-and-law/libertarian-fairy-tales-of-the-bundy-family

and of course I don’t think this would be an appropriate response either:
http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/05/13/406243272/im-from-philly-30-years-later-im-still-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-move-bombing

Even better, just pipe in Bieber’s “Baby, Baby, Baby,” only. Over and over and over and over. :wink:

I absolutely do not understand allowing supplies to be brought in.

I figured as soon as they ran out of whiskey and chaw they would have given up.

There actually is a woman cooking for them in Oregon, she’s quoted in one of the articles linked here, talking as she cooks salmon and steak or something. She said she was enjoying herself, taking care of everyone.

I can’t see them staying until spring though maybe they’ll try? Some of the occupiers have apparently already left, citing the need to get back to work. Imagine that.

^ Linked where??

I would expect that some of these guys are good cooks. After all, they probably go on all-male hunting trips.

@jym626 it might have been this one, I am not sure. It refers to two cooks, wives of militia members.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/09/oregon-militia-wildlife-refuge-harney-county-residents-wary

All male hunting trips don’t require any more camp kitchen savvy than the ability to boil water and open a can of Dinty Moore beef stew.

And open a bottle of beer!

can

I hope this is an acceptable link…

Headline: "Angry Militia Leader: Stop Mailing Us Dildos "

http://gawker.com/angry-militia-leader-stop-mailing-us-dildos-1752580458?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Ha!

Thanks, OHmom.
And Romani- that’s a riot!