Armed militia, Bundy brothers take over federal Wildlife Refuge building in Oregon

Who was the prophet upthread who suggested Anonymous should take down their site?

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/01/26/anonymous-hacker-group-takes-down-bundy-militia-official-website-images/

Moi :slight_smile:

One of them “dead in a gunfight” (OK Corral language, geez)

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/bundys_in_custody_one_militant.html

Holy Cow, I’m listening to the Pete Santilli live feed on youtube (before he was arrested and it was stopped!), and he and his ilk are all concerned with “getting the women and children out” of the refuge as if, somehow, they were hostages. What a maroooon.

ETA - the kids are innocent, of course.

So glad there have FINALLY been arrests. Hope no employees or residents were harmed.

Lavoy Finicum is reported to be dead by OPB.

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to bring the kids to the occupation?? I had to turn Santilli’s stream off…

hopefully no law enforcement were injured.

don’t care if any of the idiots were injured (hopefully not the kids though)

Na endlich!

(Yes, there are times when German exclamations simply feel better.)

Jon Ritzheimer posted a few Facebook posts recently asking for a lawyer and begging for donations. Maybe he’ll get some more care packages in jail!

Is it over?

I don’t think all the people have been cleared out of the refuge yet. “Blaine” was still there.

I don’t think so.

Why not?

Someone died. I don’t root for people to die during arrests. Glad the standoff is over, but I was hoping for the arrest to happen without loss of life. Not a good day if someone died during the arrests.

Though when I first heard that someone was dead, but didn’t know if it was one of the rabble or a member of law enforcement, I was rooting for rabble. These guys were on record as threatening to shoot law officers trying to arrest them.

It’s regrettable that someone died. The fact that it’s someone who promised to die rather than be arrested makes it slightly less tragic to me. The fact that he will be made a martyr by a minority of people who are looking for a martyr, no matter what actually happened, is more tragic.

My apologies, I had not seen the news that someone died.

I do not like violence- people who know my posting history know that.

I might I have misheard it, but I think the guy on CNN just said “Ammon Bundy and his swallowers are facing felony charges related to the occupation…”

"Who the heck thought it was a good idea to bring the kids to the occupation?? "

Kind of ironic, one of the things people like ISIS and Hezbollah and the Taliban are known for is they operate out of civilian facilities like hospitals and schools and heavily residential areas, and then when they are hit, they go around wailing about how civilians were killed. The occupiers were counting on the same thing, by having children there, they assumed it woud be protection since the anti government types, if the US sent marshalls or FBI in to arrest the occupiers, would talk about how innocent women and children were threatened.

I am saddened that anyone died, but from what I heard on NPR this morning, it sounds like after the traffic stop they fired at the law enforcement (not sure if it was local sherriff, feds, it didn’t say), so it wasn’t as some on right wing talk radio are claiming “an execution”, it wasn’t. According to NPR, last I heard, there were something like 8 people left at the refuge. Apparently, the cops have blocked one of the roads into the facility, but have left the other one open, in the hopes that the remaining people will get the idea, and leave via the other road, knowing there will be no confrontation there.

At least one of the remaining occupiers is a woman. You can hear her on the live stream. Go to youtube and search for “defend your base” as a chance and click on the one that’s live.

Geez, someone just got a guy to sign a talent release so he can use the footage freely. That will be the least of their worries!