Armed militia, Bundy brothers take over federal Wildlife Refuge building in Oregon

The rabble doesn’t want to come out unless they are assured all charges will be dropped. The FBI says nope. I hope this can be resolved without bloodshed, and the last four occupiers can occupy a different sort of government building.

Latest news is the four last holdouts will surrender tomorrow morning. I hope it all happens without any shooting.

Treat them like bears—shoot them with tranquilizer darts and transport them elsewhere.

ETA: Missed the news that they’re going to surrender tomorrow before I posted the above. I still wonder why something like that wasn’t done earlier, though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/10/fbi-closes-in-on-last-oregon-refuge-occupiers/
It’s being reported that Cliven Bundy has been arrested at the Portland airport. For him, justice is overdue.

These madmen and madwomen were hell bent on confrontation, until they realized that the government had enough of their nonsense. I streamed a radio report of the events occurring last night. What kooks this people are. One woman ranted over the telephone from the complex that her name was ‘Hurricane Sandy’ and that she was armed and prepared. Yeah, sure. You could hear the pitiful desperation in her voice. Sounds like she knew she will be soon headed to federal prison.

Sandy is the one woman of the four occupiers. She wanted to negotiate a way where the occupiers could leave without being arrested. For some reason, she had the delusion that the FBI should allow it.

Latest update: Three of the four have surrendered, the last one has said he’ll never give up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/11/cliven-bundy-arrested-as-oregon-refuge-occupation-nears-possible-ending/?wpisrc=al_alert-national

Hoping for a peaceful and quick resolution, despite this last guy sounding a bit unattached to reality…

And now the last one’s out (the content behind the link I posted above was just updated).

I wonder if some of the holdouts were trying to establish an insanity defense.

And Clive Bundy’s been charged with assault, conspiracy and firearms violations for the 2014 standoff.

^ about time.

This armchair psychologist thinks that the last holdout, David Fry, is a very mentally unstable individual who was self-medicating with marijuana. Very, very sad. I am very glad that he surrendered peacefully and did not commit suicide by cop or otherwise and did not harm anyone else. I hope in addition to incarceration, he receives the mental health treatment he needs.

Kudos to the FBI. I think this went about as well as it could.

And the one upside of all this is it drew Clive Bundy off his ranch so he could be arrested too. Now all three Bundys can rot for a good long while.

Cliven Bundy has been playing the feds for suckers for several years. His decision to leave his compound in Nevade and head to Oregon shows he’s doesn’t have such an intellectual fast grasp either. But we already knew that.

I’m very impressed with how the Feds handled this from start to finish. I had initial doubts, but the wait 'em out then get them when they’re lulled strategy was brilliant. I’m sorry about Finicum’s death, but it’s pretty clear he chose it.

I do hope that the Refuge itself has not been too harmed by these loonies.

Does anyone know why Bundy Sr wasn’t arrested until today?

@romanigypsyeyes – I don’t know for sure, but I have a thought. Since he had to fly to get to Portland, they may have chosen then to arrest him because they knew he didn’t have any weapons on him and wouldn’t start another standoff.

I’m just glad it’s over. The community was (well, is) so divided over it that you could just feel the tension when you went into town. I hope everything goes back to normal soon.

There is a density of law enforcement in a city that could handle if the yahoos start showing up with guns. It’s good that small town Nevada police were left out of it, and that the feds didn’t try to storm the Bundy compound.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. They are going to find out what it really means to lose their freedom.

Well, at least his accommodations are sparse:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/see-inside-the-affluenza-teens-texas-prison-home/ar-BBporBs?li=BBnbcA1

These guys didn’t understand the game they were playing.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/02/fbi-patience-cliven-bundy-oregon-malheur-arrests/462525/