Article on US Undergrads in Foreign Universities

<p>Thought you all might enjoy this article:</p>

<p>Outsource</a> Your Kid - By Charles Kenny | Foreign Policy</p>

<p>We've thought about McGill as my son is a violinist and his teacher went to the conservatory there. But this article offers lots of additional food for thought -- University of South Africa, anyone? I'm afraid that my first thought was that THREATENING to send my child 6,000 miles way for college might be a good way to get him to help out more around the house. . .</p>

<p>
[quote]
University of South Africa, anyone? I'm afraid that my first thought was that THREATENING to send my child 6,000 miles way for college might be a good way to get him to help out more around the house. . .

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Strange. I'd think "What a great adventure and chance to explore a different part of the world for a young person". </p>

<p>Then again, most kids I grew up with wanted to go as far away as possible for college and most of the ones who stuck around did so because of financial constraints and/or overprotective parents.</p>

<p>I'm afraid that my first thought was that THREATENING to send my child 6,000 miles way for college might be a good way to get him to help out more around the house. . .</p>

<p>For my daughter it would have been,"Oh please Brer Fox, whatever you do, please don't throw me into the briar patch."</p>