As a sophomore, is it to much too be taking both Honors Pre-Calculus and AP Stats?

<p>I'm going to be a sophomore next year, and I feel like I want to take AP Stats next year.</p>

<p>Is it going to be really difficult when coupled with Honors Pre-Calculus, AP European History, Honors Chemistry and Honors Literature, all as a sophomore? </p>

<p>I had a 4.0 last year with just two Honors classes, and feel like I'm motivated enough to work continuously for 4-5 hours each night. I really want to get into Yale. </p>

<p>Also, approximately how much work do you think I'll have each night with this schedule (the main classes being Honors Pre-Cal, AP Euro, Honors Chem, Honors Lit, AP Stats)? I know that teachers vary, but the classes are generally the same. </p>

<p>Oh, and on top of that, I'm the president of a teen social group, so that will take up at least 1 hour a day from my schedule. Is it too much for me?</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>No, that's fine. AP Euro is really the only major source of work there.</p>

<p>I took honors precalc and ap stats as a junior. its cool.</p>

<p>My school requires people who want to take AP Stat to take Honors Pre-Calc at the same time, so I don't think they're incompatible.</p>

<p>I see! So is AP Stats not heavy on the work load?</p>

<p>^ No, it's not. As long as you can grasp the concepts, you'll be fine. If you're good at math, you should have no trouble.</p>

<p>I've been thinking about taking AP Stats and Pre Calc as a Junior. I'm taking one of them online (FLVS). I'm just not sure what I should take online. Any Advice guys?</p>

<p>^ Either one is fine. </p>

<p>FLVS has fantastic AP courses (as in, they get you prepared.) I know multiple people who have taken AP Stat on FLVS and have gotten 5's. </p>

<p>On the other hand, precalc is a joke and is largely just an extension of algebra 2 (plus trig). </p>

<p>If you're a math guy, you shouldn't have trouble with either.</p>

<p>Haha wow. I'm taking pretty much all the same classes as you.</p>

<p>@Apathetic Love: Thank you so much! Sorry to bother you again, but how much work would you expect me to have with my classes for next year as a sophomore (Honors Lit, Honors Chem, AP Euro, AP Stats, Honors Pre-Calc)? I know they vary from teacher and schools, but on average, really? Thanks a lot! :)</p>

<p>I suggest you talk to people at your school. The difficulty of courses vary wildly (my HS has an extremely hard AP Stats course, where a large majority of people fail out, while the neighboring HS's AP Stats is a joke class, taken for a GPA raise).</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>If you manage your time well, you should be fine.</p>

<p>I know 2 or 3 people who have done the exact same thing a sophomores and it worked out fine. Most people take AP stat with honors precalc but as a junior.</p>

<p>
[quote]
@Apathetic Love: Thank you so much! Sorry to bother you again, but how much work would you expect me to have with my classes for next year as a sophomore (Honors Lit, Honors Chem, AP Euro, AP Stats, Honors Pre-Calc)? I know they vary from teacher and schools, but on average, really? Thanks a lot!

[/quote]
</p>

<p>AP Euro - A ton of reading. Just like with any history AP</p>

<p>Pre-calc - Problem sets that you can probably finish in class.</p>

<p>AP Stat - The teacher at my school never gave homework. But i can't imagine there being too much. If you understand the concepts, you really don't have to practice too much.</p>

<p>Chem - Completely depends on the teacher. But honors chem is a joke, so it shouldn't take you too much time to do whatever they assign. </p>

<p>Lit - Depends on the teacher. But generally, honors lit classes at my school do not have daily homework. You can expect a decent amount of projects though. </p>

<p>Unless you get unlucky with a teacher, Euro should be your only major contributor of work. However, if you are poor at math, then chem and pre-calc could take up some time as well.</p>

<p>^ Thanks a lot! I'm really pushing for this schedule now, thanks for the encouragement.</p>

<p>I am not qualified to give you any real advice because I do not know you nor what you can or can not do. However I strongly urge that you shouldn't take those classes if you do not want to, or at least I recommend that you not make yourself miserable in the name of resume padding.</p>

<p>I had a really similar schedule last year, except I took ap comp sci instead of stats, plus ap comp gov and honors bio, and got through just fine.</p>

<p>-You worked for 4-5 hours on homework your freshman year? I had a though course load but I only spent 1-2 hours...
-You might want to cut out one of the ap's
-I wonder how long you will spend each night doing your homework sophomore year and then junior then senior...then College....
-Not trying to put you down or anything..but this is just my opinion
-How will you get extracurriculars in when you will be at home working on homework?
-Plus I took Ap euro(you spend 1 hour at least studying and working on homework for that class)</p>

<p>:( This is my advice. Don't think I am being mean. It is the truth!</p>

<p>^ Oh no, freshman year was usually just 1 hour of work even with Honors bio and Honors lit. I meant, I'm motivated enough to work for 4-5 hours next year considering that's how much I'll probably have to.
I think I'm gonna drop AP Stats for next year and take it junior year with AP Calc AB. :)</p>

<p>^oh ok im sorry about misunderstanding what you wrote! I get it. Nice decision about dropping ap stats and taking it with Ap Calc ab. If you need more advice from me PM me. I will be willing to help. That will be good. I also heard Ap Calc ab is easy so it will be easy for you.</p>