Ask all your Math II questions here.

<p>Ask any Math II question you have in this thread and I'll be sure to answer it as best and quickly as I could. The math tested on the Math II exam is extremely easy to me so have no worries :).</p>

<p>Do you have the blue book (the one with all tests)? If so, it would really be appreciated if you can explain questions 41 and 50 to me (they can't be typed cause they're full of figures).</p>

<p>I don't have the book but try your best to explain the questions.</p>

<p>How calculator dependent is the test? I know that a calculator isn't technically 'necessary', but I've been looking through the Barrons book and half the time their reasoning is based off of looking at graphs or just using your calculator in general. Is this how the real thing is too?</p>

<p>Oh, and how crucial is it to know probability? I absolutely suck at it, so I pretty much end up skipping all of the questions that involve it. How badly do you think that is going to hurt me?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I know that a calculator isn't technically 'necessary'

[/quote]

Actually collegeboard says that for some questions a calculator is necessary/ extremely helpful. And it is. A calculator can save you a lot.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Oh, and how crucial is it to know probability? I absolutely suck at it, so I pretty much end up skipping all of the questions that involve it. How badly do you think that is going to hurt me?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I wouldn't suggest skipping all of the probability questions. If you have time atleast try them. The ones on the May exam were actually pretty simple (like middleschool probability-colored balls and such). They could be easily done by hand even if you do not understand the concept of combinations, permutations, and the like. There are a few probability quesions, but not many.</p>

<p>
[Quote]
How calculator dependent is the test? I know that a calculator isn't technically 'necessary', but I've been looking through the Barrons book and half the time their reasoning is based off of looking at graphs or just using your calculator in general. Is this how the real thing is too?

[/Quote]
</p>

<p>A calculator is definitely and unequivocally necessary. About 1/3 of the questions require a calculator or being a savant.</p>