AT&T or Verizon in NYC?

<p>Which cellphone service provider has better reception in NYC? In terms of just calling and texting, which cellphone service provider is better?</p>

<p>AT&T has less coverage globally, aiming only for populated areas. However when I go out with my friends some of whom use AT&T they often complain about getting service even in the city so I would say Verizon.</p>

<p>I have been to NYC a bunch of times, and I have Verizon. I've never ever had a problem with calling, texting, or data/Internet usage.</p>

<p>verizon all the way. Their stores are more plentiful around campus, as well.</p>

<p>I'd have to say AT&T. I always have full bars and they have been improving their network specifically in that area.</p>

<p>Verizon. 10 char</p>

<p>I have both verizon and att. Definitely, the reception is better for Verizon, which is why I chose it years ago with my first cell phone contract in NYS.</p>

<p>I got AT&T because of the iPhone and now the iPad. I noticed that sometimes I get cut off while on AT&T in my home and it is just easier to switch to my home wi-fi service, which by the way is verizon fios. However, I am in the suburbs.</p>

<p>Even so, I can say I do get better reception and no dropped calls with verizon in NYC. On the other hand, I have experienced dropped calls with AT&T in NYC, though I would not say it is a frequent occurrence. So it is probably true AT&T has been working on better coverage especially in the large urban areas. Verizon is still stronger overall in terms of call quality in NYC.</p>