At which schools am I academically competitive?

<p>I'm a rising senior just looking to see what colleges I'd be a good match for, and also a reach/safety. I'd pretty much be willing to go anywhere across the country except for the northwest and states like North Dakota...no offense to anyone who lives there, i just know states like that wouldn't be a good fit for me. I go to a semi-competitive public high school in California. I'm asian(indian) if you think it should be considered.
Stats:
Unweighted cumulative GPA: 3.4-3.5
Weighted cumulative GPA: not sure but about 3.7-3.8
UC uncapped weighted GPA: 4.05
UC Capped weighted GPA: 3.76
very steep rising gpa trend, especially from sophmore to junior year, 3.0 UW to 3.8 UW
Rank: 70 something out of 712. barely missed top 10 percent.
Sat 1: 2150(780 CR; 690 Math; 680 Writing)
Sat 2: U.S. History- 740
World History- 720
Chemistry- 620(yikes)
E.C's/Awards: 4 years varsity track and field, academy leadership representative 4 years, club founder and president 3 years, key club 3 years, other random clubs, about 200-250 volunteer hours at summer kids camp, paid summer intern at law firm. various track regional and state awards/invites, posse semi-finalist, questbridge finalist, other random awards from school and such...
So yeah that's probably about it. If I missed anything please tell me and I'll add it. being in california I've of course considered the UC's if you would like to add any input on those. other colleges that I've briefly looked at are usc, nyu, boston college. Not sure if I'm in their caliber so if you could tell me if i should or shouldn't be looking at them. and also looked at johns hopkins, northwestern, washU but i know they high reaches for me at this point. please recommend other schools that I should be considering.</p>

<p>Is that UW Cum GPA for all 3 years?</p>

<p>questbridge finalist,</p>

<p>So, does this mean that you're very low income? </p>

<p>Do you need a school that meets need?</p>

<p>@Erin's Dad-yes its for all three years, freshman through junior year.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids-Yes unfortunately, or something at least close to it. My expected financial aid is pretty much 0...so I'm hoping that most colleges will try to give me some type of aid. But at this point I'm just gonna worry about applying and then look for what I can do in terms of financial aid.</p>

<p>
[quote]
at this point I'm just gonna worry about applying and then look for what I can do in terms of financial aid.

[/quote]

This is about the worst way to go about selecting schools. As a lower income family you should target schools that will offer good aid for your stats: financial aid or merit aid. BTW, NYU offers absolutely lousy aid. You should drop them. One alternative is to look at WUE schools that will offer a break on OOS tuition. WICHE</a> - Student Exchange Programs</p>

<p>hmm..thats interesting because I've actually heard people tell me that I should worry about it after and focus on applying right now. Thank you very much, I'm definitely going to take that into consideration. I probably am going to drop NYU. I have heard of the western exchange program before but have not looked at it extensively. Thank you for that also.</p>

<p>look at alabama schools, uab, ua and auburn...you should qualify for merit aid at these schools and then also financial need. If interested in sciences or premed/health related uab is very strong. UAB</a> - The University of Alabama at Birmingham tier 1 research university...11k undergrads, urban campus.</p>

<p>UAB oos cost (tuition/room/food) is 20-24K</p>

<p>automatic merit for oos
Blazer Elite Scholarship</p>

<p>$15,000
Based on academic achievement (28-36 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
Blazer Gold Scholarship</p>

<p>$10,000
Based on academic achievement (26-27 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
Blazer Pride Scholarship</p>

<p>$5,000
Based on academic achievement (24-25 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)</p>

<p>I will definitely look at them. Thank you. It's funny because my mom is still trying to push me into a pre-med/health field. I'm not sure if I'm too interested in that though.</p>