ATlantic City Bringing back Diving Horse-AWFUL

<p>I am disgusted that the Steel Pier is bringing back this "iconic" horrific diving horse show. I grew up with horses, and saw this show as a child ,and it was so cruel.</p>

<p>I don't know if this is national news, but I'm hoping with nationwide response, they will reconsider. They want to start by Memorial Day. </p>

<p>Haven't heard of the diving horse show ?- check this out.
Please sign petition on FB, assume I can't post that link. FB Horses Don't fly in AC. </p>

<p>Controversial</a> diving horses show to return to Atlantic City - Horse & Hound
But Nancy Beall, president of the Atlantic County Society for the Protection of Animals, said: "I think it’s disgusting and I think it’s cruelty to animals. It certainly can’t be safe for the animal."</p>

<p>Tony Catanoso, one of the pier’s owners, told the Press of Atlantic City added: “We know the diving horse is controversial, but I think people need to look at the bigger picture. A diving horse is going to be iconic. It’s going to be a small piece of the development project that will bring family entertainment back to
Atlantic City.”</p>

<p>SJCMom I'm with you. i live in the area. As an aside, my now 83 year old mom used to tell my friends she was the woman on the horse (she most certainly was not). She was very convincing...everyone believed her.</p>

<p>I read about this recently in the AC Press and couldn't believe it. I remember, as a kid, watching the rider "coax" the poor horse into jumping. This coaxing took more than a few seconds and I still remember it made me uncomfortable, even as a child. Anyone with half a brain knows this is not normal behavior for a horse. Iconic? I doubt Mr. Catanosa will pull this off.</p>

<p>I agree that it's an act that should not be revived, whether or not some consider it to be iconic. I saw it as a child and thought it was terrible even then.</p>

<p>2331, I'm not sure how many girls they had diving but my mother knows one of them. Years after the fact, she became friends with Sarah Hart who had been one of the diving girls in the late '50s. She was married to Gene Hart, the voice of the original Jersey Devils and the Flyers. Their daughter now sings the national anthem at Flyers' games.</p>

<p>I live 10 miles from AC, and am so shocked that ANYONE thinks this is a good idea. I agree with you about "coaxing' the terrified horse to "slip" down.
Please help protest this. I'm hoping huge numbers will have influence on Steel Pier owners.</p>

<p>owners of Steel pier are Bill and Tony Catanoso and can be emailed - <a href="mailto:info@steelpier.com">info@steelpier.com</a></p>