Audition piece opinions? MT

<p>Hi, I’m planning on taking up MT in Shenandoah. I’m trying to find a 2nd song to sing for my audition tape and the song “Quiet” from Forward by Jonathan Reid Gealt has really caught my attention. I’m not sure, however, if Forward is an actual musical?
Does anyone know of it?</p>

<p>Forward is a song cycle written by Jonathan Reid Gealt. It should qualify as OK for a college audition, though it is not from a story type musical. </p>

<p>Are you auditioning at schools other than Shenandoah? I hope so but can't tell by the way you worded your post which said you were planning to take up MT at Shenandoah. Acceptances into BFA in MT programs have very low acceptance rates. While Shenandoah is not the most competitive program in MT, it still is very chancy odds and absolutely cannot be counted upon. Also, it sounds like you are auditioning via DVD and not a live audition? In some ways, the odds are even chancier without a live audition. </p>

<p>Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>Thank you! Yes, I am auditioning via DVD since I'm an international student and unable to fly to American to attend the auditions. I'll be sending other audition tapes/DVDs to other schools as well.
Out of curiosity, would it be considered a bad idea to sing "Shy" from Once Upon a Mattress as my uptempo song? I've read that it's "overdone" and still wondering whether it's worth giving a shot.</p>