author query

Greetings:

For my forthcoming book (tentative publication date fall of 2006) to be published by the University of California Press, I would like to interview college-bound students and parents about their college preparation and planning. What are students’ and parents’ expectations for their children beyond high school? What social and economic factors have informed these expectations? What specific things are families doing to ensure that their expectations are met? What are the pressures kids face to get into the “right” schools and where does this pressure come from? I would like to follow a student and his or her family as they proceed through the college preparation and admissions process. Most, if not all, interviews would be conducted via telephone and email. In the interest of frank and open discussion, I will consider changing names and disguising identities, but I would prefer to keep the information “on the record.” Please contact me directly at <a href="mailto:psacks@cableone.net">psacks@cableone.net</a>