Awesome story about a man who saved Jewish kids from the Nazis...have kleenex ready!

<p>[Banoosh</a> » » Surprise! Man finds himself in audience full of people he saved as children from Nazi camps](<a href=“http://banoosh.com/blog/2013/11/21/surprise-man-finds-himself-in-audience-full-of-people-he-saved-as-children-from-nazi-camps/]Banoosh”>http://banoosh.com/blog/2013/11/21/surprise-man-finds-himself-in-audience-full-of-people-he-saved-as-children-from-nazi-camps/)</p>

<p>Sir Nicholas Winton organized the rescue and passage to Britain of about 669 mostly Jewish Czechoslovakian children destined for the Nazi death camps*before World War II in an operation known as the Czech Kindertransport.</p>

<p>Watch the video!</p>

<p>I wish the video had been longer. Thanks for sharing this, although it made me tear up!</p>

<p>An extraordinary man…</p>

<p>Wow!!!</p>

<p>Incredible story…</p>

<p>Love it.</p>

<p>A real hero.</p>

<p>Mom2cillegekids, thanks for posting the story .</p>

<p>Imagine how powerful the video would have been if each of those in the audience was holding a pic of all of his/her descendents that wouldn’t also exist if it weren’t for this man.</p>

<p>This video looks like it was made in the eighties–I wondering why it’s resurfacing now. Not that I don’t think stories like this aren’t worth repeating!</p>

<p>This is indeed a great story, but it did come out in the 1980s, not recently.</p>

<p>BTW, Nicholas Winton is over 100 years old and still alive.</p>

<p>Another side note, Winton is Jewish by birth.</p>

<p>I don’t know why the story has resurfaced now. It showed up in my Facebook newsfeed and I found it very moving and worth sharing. </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>There is a longer, fairly recent documentary called Nicky’s Family that is wonderful. It’s an amazing story and has inspired an entire world-wide youth service movement. </p>

<p>I didn’t know he was Jewish . . . the documentary does not mention it. Jewish or not, what he did was remarkable - saving nearly 700 children almost single-handedly. I met one of the “children” at a screening of the movie. It was quite emotional.</p>

<p>Alright, I clicked on the link to watch the video, and I apparently need to download a program called “television fanatic.” I’m guessing this is okay? I hate downloading things from the internet . . .</p>

<p>What a lovely and brave man. He truly embodies selflessness. Glad he seems to have lead a very long and full life. :)</p>

<p>Hollywood should have a movie similar to the Schindler’s List to honor him.</p>

<p>Along the same lines, I highly recommend seeing this documentary:</p>

<p>[Paper</a> Clips Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia](<a href=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Clips_Project]Paper”>Paper Clips Project - Wikipedia)</p>

<p>What an incredible man. The Paper Clip project was wonderful.</p>

<p>Try this to view the clip without downloading television fanatic:</p>

<p><a href=“Sir Nicholas Winton - BBC Programme "That's Life" aired in 1988 - YouTube”>Sir Nicholas Winton - BBC Programme "That's Life" aired in 1988 - YouTube;

<p>The video is available on several different sites.</p>

<p>There are some other clips about this which I enjoyed; here is one:</p>

<p><a href=“Nicky's Children, Sir Nicholas Winton, Holocaust - YouTube”>Nicky's Children, Sir Nicholas Winton, Holocaust - YouTube;

<p>And this is why it’s surfacing now:
<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube;

<p>Beautiful! Regardless of what modern day media portrays I am of the belief that the world has so many more good souls like Sir Nicholas Winton than bad ones.</p>