Bad freshman year can ruin chances?

<p>I'm a freshman and I have 95% average. (IB is pretty hard) I also didn't do that much community service/extra curricular activities because I joined a lot of clubs late in the year. Will this really affect me in the long run? If I get 4.0 GPA in the next couple of years and do a lot of extra curricular stuff and community service, will I still have a chance? (disregarding PSAT, SAT, AP exams, IB exams, awards, etc...)</p>

<p>Umm....... a 95% is an A average, no? Unless you're on a different grading system, that is.</p>

<p>And also, Princeton doesn't consider your freshman year grades anyway.</p>

<p>LOL...95% is BAD? That;s great...that;s just great</p>

<p>But what about extra curricular activities? I plan on doing them from 10th grade to 12th grade with commitment. Will not doing anything during 9th grade REALLY hurt my chances? I really want to get into Princeton... :(</p>

<p>You've just finished freshman year, calm down. I didn't do anything until the summer before my junior year, really, and I turned out fine. Don't stress out. You'll find activities that you'll want to do.</p>

<p>95% in an IB programme is excellent. A 95 average for the rest of HS in an IB programme will make you very competitive for Princeton</p>

<p>Stop trying to give this kid false hope.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, chances are that you aren't going to make it. Ditch the pupets and go for the master of realistic goals.</p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>

<p>^ seriously...? :(</p>