<p>I want to go into Biology or biomedical engineering, however my grades are all weak in these areas math and bio. I have good grades in History and english but weak test scores while my test scores in math and science are good.</p>
<p>What should I do? Can someone explain to me how putting down undeclared major works??</p>
<p>Putting down undeclared means that freshman year you will take classes in a wide variety of areas to decide what you want to major in, then decide after the first year what you want to major in. If you don’t know now, just do undeclared.</p>
<p>I dont want to do that. I want to do Cornell ILR because i have the option of going to med school and have a chance of getting in because its not concentrated solely around math and science.</p>
<p>I don’t want to be discouraging, but strong math and science skills and grades are a requirement for most medical schools. So, if these are your weaker areas, and your long term plan is medical school, Cornell might not be your best bet because to succeed in the highly competitive pre-med curriculum there you’ll need to be ready to jump in running. You may be better served by finding schools where the math/science curriculum is just a notch or two less intense, and where there is not as much competition for pre-meds, to give yourself a shot at bringing your math/science skills and grades up to par. Just a thought.</p>
<p>seems reasonable…but my problem is not doing well when i get there…its if i can get there.</p>
<p>I believe Carolyn’s point is that if you do get into a prestigious but competitive university you may have trouble getting the grades needed to get into med school, as the folks who breeze through math and science will be your competition. So you might consider looking for a smaller, less competitive school that would allow you more individualized attention and give you a good chance of getting As in the math and science prereqs you would need for med school. This would give you a better chance of getting into med school.</p>