Bad idea to go to math camp as a political student?

<p>The idea of math camp next summer is, for many reasons I don't want to get into now, very compelling. I do have a love of math. However, I am almost certainly going to go into politics. Would spending a summer in math camp, as opposed to going to politics/law seminars etc. or learning foreign language be a bad idea in terms of my future? I'm going into 10th grade next year.</p>

<p>If you love math then I think a math camp would be a good idea. Considering how young you are, you might want to keep lots of options open and a math camp would help you do that.</p>

<p>There is nothing wrong with exploring a variety of interests. My daughter tried out engineering and computer science camps even though her interests are humanities. I don't think that hurt her in any way. Besides, most math camps aren't the entire summer. You could do something else the rest of the summer. At least you have some idea of what you would like to study. My 10th grade son has no idea. He will just be looking for any merit based (FREE) summer opportunities.</p>

<p>Thanks. It still looks really appealing, I'm just wary because I've learned with math sometimes if you get far enough into it you never come out :) Which could be problematic, because I'm fairly (well, really) sure of what I must do with my life and etc. Although if it is as life-changing an experience as some people who went there say it is, it's a strong possibility.</p>

<p>At this point, you should do what you enjoy.</p>

<p>And yes, you might go to math camp and decide you want to go into math instead of politics. If this happens, you will probably consider it to be a good thing afterwards.</p>