Bama Bound

<p>My son will be attending June 1st session and staying overnight. What does he need to bring with him...also in the information online at Bama bound, it mentions to bring parent's tax returns. Is that really necessary ?</p>

<p>I wouldn't think the tax return is necessary unless he has to meet with financial aid about things that haven't already been taken care of.</p>

<p>If he rents the linen package IT WILL include a pillow and towel. So really the only thing he needs to bring are a change of clothes, some pocket money, and his CW ID # and photo identification.</p>

<p>Tax returns?? I've never heard that before. Maybe if there's an FA issue that is still being ironed out. </p>

<p>I would also suggest a beach towel, flip flops for poolside/other, sunscreen</p>

<p>From website....
We recommend you dress casually and comfortably. In the winter, bring a jacket and dress in layers to accommodate for fluctuations in the weather and central heating.</p>

<p>Other items you should bring include:</p>

<pre><code>* Bama Bound confirmation mailer with temporary parking pass
* Comfortable walking shoes
* Financial aid documents (parents' tax returns, etc.)
* Pen and paper
* Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID)
* Photo identification (driver's license, military ID, etc.)
* Proof of immunization if not already provided to the University
* Umbrella or raincoat
* Any special admission documents
</code></pre>

<p>In addition, students staying overnight for summer programs should bring the following items:</p>

<pre><code>* An overnight bag and toiletries
* Twin bed linens and towels
* An alarm clock
* Gym clothes/tennis shoes, swim suit for Student Recreation Center visit (freshmen sessions only)
</code></pre>

<p>BTW...be sure that child knows his CWID number (although it can also be found on mybama)</p>

<p>Thanks everyone !!!</p>