Barron's Vocab Lists!!

<p>What is the difference between Barron's "Hot Prospects" words and "High-Frequency" list? I have been through the Barron's book multiple times, and the book has failed to provide an explanation about what the difference is between the two lists.</p>

<p>High Frequency is the a list of frequent SAT words, Hot Prospects is a book that contains words that are likely to appear on future SAT's suggested by data. Memorizing both is the best way to ensure a good vocab score.</p>

<p>Thanks! Two more questions:</p>

<p>1) Has anyone tested to see how accurate the Hot Prospects word list is?</p>

<p>2) How are the Hot Prospects words determined?</p>

<p>I haven't tested the list...but they determine it by examining the patterns of the Educational Testing Service (The guys that make the SAT questions...they actually use a very small list of words compared to the grandiose nature of the english language). It isn't an exact science and much of it is luck...but on the old SAT, Testmasters the prep company used to use this method. They used to get 100% of the words correct when determining the list for the next exam! Now, the chances are much lower, but the words are worth knowing.</p>

<p>I think they are really helpful!</p>