Becoming a resident?

<p>I live in Texas, and have for, for my entire life. However, my dad just got a job in California, and my famiily is moving there in a month. I was wondering if I could somehow get in-state tuition? Otherwise, I dont think it's even worth it for me to apply to any UC, and id just go to UT.</p>

<p>Your family must be residents of California for one year from the start date of the first semester you will attend a UC in order for you as a minor to be eligible for resident tuition rates. This means if they complete the move before Spring semester starts, then spring of next year is when you could enter Cal as a resident. If you would start prior to that, or have started already, then it will be harder. Legal</a> Residence Information - Office Of The Registrar</p>