Being Accepted to Multiple Summer Programs?

<p>Hi, so as a Junior in High School, I applied to a couple internships this summer. Both places will announce those who were accepted the week before May. Chances are I got accepted into both, but Internship A is the one I'd rather have over B. So if I do make both, how do I tell B that I don't want to be a part of their program anymore? Will they hold grudges? And if B tells me I made it, how do I tell them that my decision will be pending based upon the acceptance for Internship A? Just don't wanna hurt any school's feelings...

<p>Hey, don’t get ahead of yourself. ;)</p>

<p>Most programs give you a little space of time to decide whether or not to accept. If A’s decision falls before B’s decision deadline, you’re in luck. If not, then you have a tough decision to make. They probably won’t extend their deadline just because you’re waiting for another program so you can reject them.</p>

<p>To decline(be sure to actually decline, don’t just wait and do nothing, because then people can get in from the waitlist), send them a short email saying. “Thank you for accepting me into B program. Unfortunately, my schedule has changed for the summer and I will no longer be able to participate.” That’s all.</p>

<p>Haha yeah, I’m still hoping to get both, but thanks for the suggestion! I might call instead of email but I’ll just wait till decisions come for now.</p>