Being an international, for the UCs, would it help my app if

<p>I mention that virtually all of my dad's relatives live in CA? Just curious, and I've been to visit Cali many times too, plus my cousin graduated from UCLA and Stanford.</p>

<p>no, they won't care.</p>

<p>Really? That seems harsh just to throw it out :\, but thanks anyways.</p>

<p>I don't really know if they would care or not, but it couldn't hurt to mention it. Maybe you could weave it into your essay somehow.... Good luck!</p>

<p>I don't think they will care. </p>

<p>However, if you have strong stats, you probably will get admitted because the UCs want people who will pay the high non-resident rates.</p>

<p>No. These schools get tens of thousands of applications. They do not spend the time on them that private colleges do as they largely rely on formulas.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>True...</p>

<p>The UCs are going to care that you have the stats, and that an a non-resident, an int'l student will pay big bucks (since they won't get financial aid).</p>

<p>From UCLA's website.....</p>

<p>International students must prove that they have sufficient funds available to them to pay for their educational and living expenses. For example, students admitted to Fall Quarter 2010 will need a minimum of over $54,000 (with an additional $5,000 recommended for additional personal expenses, contingencies and summer expenses). This minimum amount usually grows each year.</p>