Belgian politician singing of a young jewish girl being burned alive

<p>My daughter called this morning from France where she’s a foreign exchange student. She was sick probably the flu, and very upset about European anti-semitism. We spoke for an hour then her mother came home and they spoke at length as well.</p>

<p>She just needed to feel connected and safe. </p>

<p>Are we about to re-visit the ugliest chapter in European history?</p>

<p>[euronews</a> | Outrage over Belgian politician’s Holocaust song](<a href=“http://www.euronews.net/en/article/06/11/2008/outrage-over-belgian-politicians-holocaust-song/]euronews”>http://www.euronews.net/en/article/06/11/2008/outrage-over-belgian-politicians-holocaust-song/)</p>

<p>I am so sorry your daughter is sick and hope that is what is making her feel so bad. Unfortunately Europe, like the US, has it’s extremists and bigots but it is not the majority of the population (I am from Europe). I hope the fact that there is outrage against this man is of some comfort to her. Hugs to her.</p>

<p>My Jewish cousin lives in France and has for most of her life. She feels there is much more anti-Semitism there than in the states and says all of her Jewish friends there feel that way (she is a U.S. citizen and visits the U.S. frequently.)</p>