below poverty line last year but this year my mom got a job for $20 per hour?

<p>below poverty line last year but this year my mom got a job for $20 per hour.</p>

<p>i got a lot of fin. aid when I applied for colleges this year but I recently found out that i can't graduate high school this year so I have to apply for colleges again for 2012. i know i can get into one in 2012, but what will my fin. aid look like? my family is still broke and we owe a lot of debt so i basically have no money from my family for 2012, i think.</p>

<p>does my 2011 fin. aid form have any relevency for my 2012 college fin. aid and scholorships? i would really like to use it somehow. otherwise, my mom just got a job for $20 per hour full time as of this month so i will still be somewhat poor in my fin. aid papers for 2012.</p>

<p>just what do you think if you have any knowledge about this kind of thing.</p>

<p>
[quote]
s my 2011 fin. aid form have any relevency for my 2012 college admissions? i would really like to use it some how.

[/quote]

No, you can't use the 2011 financial aid form for 2012-2013 school year. You will have to reapply for aid and it will require your parents 2011 income, (not the 2010 income used for this year).</p>

<p>Once you are in school you have to reapply for aid every year. Each year's aid will be based on the prior years income (2011 for the 2012-2013 school year, 2012 for the 2013-2014 school year etc etc).</p>

<p>Since your mom's income will be around $40k per year, it could affect your aid.</p>

<p>Go ahead and apply to some of your schools because some are generous to those who earn less than $60k.</p>

<p>However, protect yourself and also apply to some school that will give you generous merit.</p>

<p>*but I recently found out that i can't graduate high school this year *</p>

<p>So you were a senior this year, but you can't graduate? Or, were you a junior that was trying to graduate early? What are your stats?</p>

<p>What state are you in? What schools did you apply to?</p>

<p>Would the OP be able to defer their acceptance until Fall 2012? So they don't have to go thru the application process again?</p>

<p>Would the college possibly honor the acceptance, pending receipt of high school diploma?</p>

<p>Worth asking. But usually deferment is because a student takes a gap year rather than they were unable to graduate.</p>

<p>This would not help with the FA though. That will have to be reapplied for and will be based on 2011 income for the 2012-2013 school year. FAFSA has to be resubmitted every year.</p>

<p>First of all congratulations to your mom for getting a job that pays a living wage. I know that there are a lot of things that need addressing with her paycheck so that it is not realistic to ask for much from her. It's a fallacy of the financial aid process that most of the time the need picture is painted one year in a vacuum from history. For families like yours, it hurts, since there is so much backlog of debts and needs that may have accumulated that the financial aid process will not address.</p>

<p>Do you have some good local state schools to which you can commute? Take advantage of your low EFC for this year and take courses to put yourself in good position for transferring. You may want to take the Stafford loans if your numbers qualify you to do so and have your mom open up an account primarily in her name to stash the proceeds of the loan along with whatever she can spare and whatever you can earn. Do it again next year,and when the time comes to transfer to another school you'll have that stash and just two years to pay. Sometimes that will cover a 4 year school away. Sometimes not, depending on the school. It'll give you some additional options at a low kick in extra cost. </p>

<p>As others have said, you have to send in new financial info each year to get fin aid awards.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Do you have some good local state schools to which you can commute? Take advantage of your low EFC for this year and take courses to put yourself in good position for transferring.

[/quote]

The OPs problem is that (s)he is not graduating HS after all so will not be going to college this year. So taking advantage of the low EFC this year is not an option.</p>

<p>Is OP going to summer school? Does OP need to return to high school or can s/he start at an open enrollment college as a non matriculating student?</p>

<p>if i put a lot of effort into it, i could do a lot this summer and get my diploma in september. then that would that allow me to apply for winter or spring admissions with my current fin. aid?</p>

<p>i can only do that if they offer alg. 2 classes over the summer. I know they offer geometry classes in the summer which cover a whole school year. but i don't know.</p>

<p>and uh i'm a senior this year and i will be a 5th year next year if i continue the same track i have planned for myself.</p>