Best AP book for someone who didn't even understand most of the Chem I concepts?

<p>Basically, it was either Chem AP or Calc BC. Hate math and hate the teacher more, so Chem it was.</p>

<p>I’m looking for a Chem AP book which completely and throughly covers Chem AP material and also thoroughly reviews and explains more basic chemistry concepts, concepts which I still don’t understand such as bonding, electron orbitals, lewis structures, polarity, molecular geometry (ugh!), etc. Chemistry concepts are very difficult for me to grasp.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>You shouldn’t be taking AP Chem if you don’t understand the basics, simply put.</p>

<p>If the class and its textbook couldn’t make you understand, I can’t think of a single book that would magically do what the class failed.</p>

<p>And it’s not reviewing if you never understood the concepts in the first place.</p>

<p>i would suggest PR…it’s easier to understand than most</p>

<p>I would probably say that you shouldn’t take the AP test if you don’t have a basic understanding of the concepts. Having that understanding is essentially, because it is the foundation for more advanced chemistry, so most likely you should retake chem in college. However, to answer your question PR is probably the simplest prep book and the easiest to understand.</p>

<p>Well, I object to the comment about not knowing the basics. As a sophomore, I took AP Chemistry this schoolyear and I was able to ace all of my tests. Beside, my textbook provide me enough information about the basics. </p>

<p>a textbook that covers basically all of the AP material is Chemistry: The Central Science 11/e AP edition. Princeton Review is what I used also to prep for the AP exam.</p>

<p>to add to my previous comment, if you’re looking for an AMAZING chem textbook i would DEFINITELY suggest Zumdahl
it has many many great practice problems and reading throuhg the text once and doing some practice problems will def get you a 5 on the test</p>